01392 424608  
  Consultation and Therapy
  Medico- Legal
  Teaching and Training
  Executive Coaching
  What is Clinical Psychology
  Other FAQ's
  Desktop|Mobile edition


If I am unhappy with the service I receive what can I do?

The most effective way of improving your experience of therapy is often simply to let your therapist know that it are unhappy and to discuss the changes which would be most beneficial. However is If you continue to be unhappy with the service you are receiving, or feel it would be very difficult to discuss your concerns directly with your therapist, you could ask for the name and contact details of their supervisor to see if there are ways to resolve the problem with the supervisor as a third party.

If you remain dissatisfied and or wish to make a formal complaint you have the right to do so and you can discuss your concerns directly with the Regulating body for Clinical Psychologists, which in the UK is the Health Professions Council.

In the UK, complaints about Registered and Chartered Clinical Psychologists are taken very seriously and are investigated by the Health Professions Council (HPC) and British Psychological Society (BPS), whose staff take action to ensure that Chartered Psychologists practice ethically and within their stringent guidelines. To contact the HPC or the BPS please follow the links below.



Dr Laydon-Walters is a member of the BPS
01392 424608 / 07773909721
3 Barnfield Crescent




Clinical Psychology Services (LCA) Ltd - Registered in England No. 04914758